Seoul, Korea, June 25, 2018 – As SDI Media begins preparation for its upcoming 20-year anniversary in Korea, the global localization provider is pleased to announce the relocation of their Korean subtitling office to Seoul’s Digital Media City (DMC). The new facility in the high-tech, cutting-edge digital media industry center will provide centralized resources for subtitling and dubbing projects and continue SDI Media’s long standing presence in Korea – making SDI the oldest longest standing localization provider in the region. Since SDI Media first opened its doors in Korea the global provider has grown to become one of the largest providers of subtitling, translation, and dubbing services in the country, providing top quality resources and infrastructure to its leading broadcasters and distributors.
SDI Media has been instrumental in the advancement of the Korean wave, Hallyu, the global rise in popularity of Korean entertainment and culture. The biggest impact across Asia has come from the distribution of Korean films, broadcast entertainment, and music, and SDI Media has been at the forefront creating, and delivering localized content to consumers in the region.
“We are very fortunate to have entered this market so early. We have built strong relationships over the years and have the pleasure of working with all the leading content creators and major studios in Korea,” said Gina Chang, SDI Media’s Vice President of Operations, Asia. “Our new facility in the DMC gives our clients greater, more centralized access and further strengthens our presence here in Korea.”
“Korea was one of our earliest markets, and as we reach this twenty-year milestone we are so excited to update our facility and provide our clients a new experience in one of East Asia’s most prominent centers of technology and development,” said Masashi Nakamura, Chief Financial Officer of SDI Media.
SDI Media Korea is located at F12, Business Center, Nuridream Square, 396 World Cup buk-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea. For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact Mindy Choi at +82-2-304-3465.
SDI Media is proud to have been included in Mix Magazine’s 2018 list of the coolest new studios!
Each June, Mix surveys facility designers and acousticians for their latest studio projects. This year’s “class” includes facilities in major and smaller U.S. markets, as well as new rooms and redesigns in Toronto, Monterrey and Rome. For more photos of these studios and others, visit mixonline.com.
To see the entire list read the article here.
The Production Coordinator will oversee the scheduling and completion of work assigned to SDI USA’s subtitling clients. The scheduler will communicate and work directly with the Production Supervisor. This position schedules work for the Production Team to expedite production by performing essential duties and responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains and creates the language team schedule and establishes priorities for specific production tasks
- Communicates and coordinates activities for new and ongoing projects with the production department to ensure that delivery requirements and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Assigns production tasks to individuals and vendors denoting project type, and proposed completion date of task to be produced
- Revises schedule according to client requests, production needs, established priorities, and availability or capability of staff or equipment.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in problem-solving when issues arise
- Communicates to supervisor motivational tools as needed for employees to achieve work goals
- Confers with department supervisor to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes affecting efficiency and quality of production
- Communicates employee issues to supervisor and director, when necessary
- Spear-heads special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when needed
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Programs & data-base experience preferred)
- Excellent organization and time management
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Minimum one year experience with coordinating/scheduling (preferably in a localization environment)
- Ability to work 40 (or more) hours per week to fulfil position duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- An associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- At least one-year of experience coordinating and/or scheduling personnel, in a production environment a plus.
SDI Media attends conferences, events, and networking mixers all over the world. If you are interested in scheduling a meeting, receiving more information, or contacting a sales person in your territory please email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link attached to the event below. We look forward to meeting you!
IBC 2018 – SEPT 14-18
ANNECY FESTIVAL – JUNE 11-16
DRAMA WEST – MAY 17-18
LOS ANGELES, CA
MIPTV- APR 9-12
NAB – APR 9-12
LAS VEGAS, NV
NATPE MIAMI – JAN 16-18
Miami Beach, Florida
Rome, Italy, May 30, 2018 – SDI Media has announced the upgrade of its Rome Dubbing Studios with the addition of five new ADR rooms equipped for theatrical and broadcast recordings as well as additional client servicing and management office expansions. The Phase III build-out of their 2,000 square meter (21,527 square foot), three floor, full service localization studio in the historical Il Messaggero newspaper-building increases SDI Media’s capacity to twelve ADR Rooms, with three mixing rooms, including one Dolby ATMOS theatrical studio. Also included in the expansion are new production offices, management suites, and meeting rooms for clients and actors.
SDI Media is the only localization provider with owned-and-operated facilities in both Milan and Rome, offering end-to-end services for theatrical, broadcast, and VOD. The newly upgraded studios will allow SDI Media to add significant capacity and resources to support Italy’s demanding market for localization services and enable major studios and local broadcasters an even greater ability to complete projects under tight timelines using an industry leading, trusted partner.
“The addition of these new ADR rooms enable SDI Media to provide unmatched servicing for dubbing projects in the region,” said Daniele Turchetta, SDI Media’s Dubbing Technology Director. “We have listened to our clients’ needs and have made the investment to expand our capacity, our technology, and our resources to offer the easiest, most complete solution for any localization project.”
“This Phase III completion further improves the extensive build-out we announced last year,” said Alberto Abisso, EVP Europe. We have had great success utilizing our Dolby Atmos suite for high profile content, and with the latest additions we have added significant resources to better service our clients.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact Dario Bonucci at 06.70702701 or email email@example.com