Applications Support Specialist is part of a busy close-knit global applications support team reporting to the Director of Applications and Help Desk Support based in the UK. This position supports the corporate applications by responding to user support issues and assisting with production and corporate systems in a 24x7x365 environment. The Applications Support Specialist will be comfortable in rapidly assessing, analysing, and resolving complex issues and will know when to engage others IT staff for assistance. This position provides ample opportunities for learning in a diverse environment in a global company.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for any internal application being supported.
- Collaborates with the R&D teams and IT staff to help develop applications.
- Troubleshoots issues for end users.
- Serves as an escalation point for Tier 1 (helpdesk) support.
- Trains IT team members and other users on new applications and when applications are updated.
- Updates Application documentation when necessary and on an ongoing basis.
- Tracks all projects to ensure team members are fully aware of any changes that will impact business.
- Communicates with internal stakeholders to determine what training needs exist or might exist in associations with Application changes or updates.
- Collaborates with the internal stakeholders to understand their needs and addresses issues to the fullest extent possible escalating when necessary.
- Addresses and resolves help desk requests as assigned.
- Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Logs all received requests for tracking and reference.
- Creates a positive customer support experience.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of systems and network infrastructure supported.
- Provides after hours and on-call support as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or 3 – 5 years or comparable experience working in applications support desired.
- Experience working with complex IT systems in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of Windows, Windows 7, 8 and 10 and Office 2007-2013.
- Knowledge of working with a helpdesk ticketing system.
- Interest in working with a diverse user population in a global company.
- Experience in planning, designing, documenting, and implementing various systems and proof of concepts is a plus.
- Previous BA experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to train different types of users at different levels of understanding and comprehension.
- A Team player with desire to advance and improve service provided to customers
- Ability to assess circumstances and problem solve independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally both in written and verbal form.
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, as well as high-profile individuals, clients and vendors.
- Read and decipher materials and documents with the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- A strong work ethic, strong organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on multiple assignments from beginning to end with accountability for the results.