The Desktop Analyst (Mac) will work as part of our busy close-knit global infrastructure team, working directly with the Desktop Specialist based in LA. This role will support the corporate desktop Apple Mac infrastructure which includes responding to user support issues and assisting with production and corporate systems in a 24x7x365 environment. The Desktop Analyst will be comfortable in rapidly assessing, analysing, and resolving complex issues and will know when to engage other IT staff for assistance.
This individual will report to the IT Infrastructure Manager based in the UK, and will possess superior organizational skills and sound judgment. The ideal candidate will be a personable self-starter with a team-player mind set.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides comprehensive knowledge and expertise across MacOS and Windows workstations and system administration.
- Provides server administration (Linux, Mac and Windows) and storage management (SAN environments (Stornext, Editshare), OSX Server – ACL’s and secure file access).
- Implements, owns and administers the JamF Pro hosted solution to recognised good practice principals.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to ensure Mac based systems support business needs.
- Develops an understanding of company supported applications in order to efficiently and comfortably support end users.
- Liaising with hardware, software support teams and approved vendors
- Addresses and resolves help desk requests as assigned.
- Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Logs all requests in the ticketing system for tracking of metrics and support.
- Collaborates with other IT staff to learn and support new applications.
- Analyses and resolves incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware.
- Acts as liaison between staff and the IT department to resolve issues.
- Troubleshoots enterprise software products as well as other software and hardware failures.
- Installs hardware and software as directed by Manager.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of systems and network infrastructure supported.
- Provides after hours and on-call support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Basic troubleshooting capabilities for hardware, software, and networking.
- A willingness to work pro-actively and offer solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally both in written and verbal form.
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, as well as high-profile individuals, clients and vendors.
- Read and decipher materials and documents with the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- A strong work ethic, strong organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on multiple assignments from beginning to end with accountability for the results.
- Ability to assess circumstances and problem solve with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- OS X Support Essentials.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Microsoft certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE).
- Experience working with complex IT systems in a fast paced web environment.
- Experience of supporting Windows 10, Office 2016 & Office 365/Skype for Business.
- Experience supporting OS X 10.9 – 10.1x.
- Experience and knowledge of Pro Tools.
- Experience of using and configuring SCCM.
- Remote management and administration technologies – JAMF/Casper Suite.
- Knowledge of help desk ticketing system.
- Interest in working with a diverse user population in a global company.