This position is based in Los Angeles, California and reports to the Manager of Executive Administration & Facilities. This position is responsible for coordinating employee and management requests in relationship to the office. This position oversees the facility and all things associated with maintaining a safe, operational, clean, and well stocked office. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, patient, have a strong sense of urgency and excellent customer service skills. In addition, this role is very visible internally and externally, so the ideal candidate will have a strong desire to build relationships with a variety of personality types while understanding that everything they do and support enables the success and continued functioning of the business. This role will also spend part of their shift at the reception desk. The Facilities Coordinator will serve as the face of SDI welcoming, directing and announcing all guests, visitors and clients when they arrive. The Coordinator will welcome all persons in a manner that creates a sense of comfort and optimal customer service for all.
This role will also provide administrative support to staff and executives with regard to receiving calls, mail, guests and general inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for filling/stocking kitchen supplies
- Loading and emptying dishwasher
- Making sure that all trash/recycling has been emptied by cleaning staff
- Responsible for resetting conference rooms (straightening chairs, removing trash, etc.)
- Deliver or notify package recipients of packages received at reception
- Pickup mail and deliver mail to employees/departments
- Liaise with landlord and building engineers regarding repairs to the suite, air conditioning, plumbing, cleaning crew and other office/building related matters (via landlord portal)
- Distribute and duplicate door keys as needed
- Monitor, order and stock office supplies
- Monitor copiers/printers
- Schedule, communicate with, receive and escort all vendors
- Monitor parking validation
- Ensure that all fire extinguishers, flashlights and first aid supplies are properly maintained
- Conduct safety inspections and write up safety inspection report in compliance with OSHA requirements
- Facilitate emergency preparedness annual training with HR and other business unit leaders
- Maintain office signage (name/number placards)
- Coordinate office moves
- Collaborate with HR, Executive Assistant and/or Regional Committee with special projects and events
- Light handyman duties such as hanging pictures
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Answer phones, route calls, and operate a switchboard.
- Greet visitors and issue visitor badges.
- Serve as back-up for calendaring and scheduling.
- Coordinate office activities as assigned; employee of the month celebration, office events, etc.
- Provide support and assistance to Executive Assistant and employees as needed.
- Distribute incoming mail.
- FedEx packages and prepare outgoing mail for shipping.
- Ensure reception area is tidy.
- Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, and clerical duties.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good technical understanding
- Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to be an excellent team player
- Good time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
- 1 -2 years of experience in customer service, facilities management and/or office management role.
- Strong customer service skills, follow through and ability to act as the office expert for new hires and existing employees on all things related to the facility
- Possess general computer skills including a working- knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure; adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks
- Demonstrate a pleasant, professional demeanour at all times
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, as well as high-profile individuals, clients and vendors
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.