SDI is looking for a Finance Manager / Controller to join our team in the London office located in Hammersmith.
Reporting to the Regional Finance Director, this role is responsible for all UK financial reporting and analysis, including EU head-office costs.
This is a hands-on role, also providing Finance support to staff in the London office. The role is supported by our transactional accounting team in Warsaw and will work with various European SDI offices. As such, the position offers an excellent all-round overview of the business and the opportunity to make an impact in a high-profile controlling role within a fast-growing, internationally dynamic media company.
Regular duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) …
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs and analysis of UK and EU head-office results, reporting to SDI Group corporate deadlines
- Calculating revenue and WIP adjustments. Analysis of profitability, including direct margins and sales mix
- Maintenance of fixed assets, prepayments, accrual accounts and other balance sheet accounts
- Monitoring UK accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Control of cash and payments, including weekly cash forecasts
- Responsible for quarterly VAT returns, PAYE returns and other local compliance obligations
The ideal candidate …
- Qualified (or part-qualified) accountant, educated to degree level
- 3-5 years’ experience in a commercial environment, with ideally 1-2 years in a similar role
- Able to work under pressure and manage to strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, experience of finance databases
- Familiarity with UK GAAP / VAT / PAYE compliance
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Professional with good interpersonal skills – confident, friendly and approachable
If this sounds like what you are looking for, and you meet all the requirements, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
SDI Media is an equal opportunity employer and a diverse company welcoming all applicants who click apply and submit via the application platform to be considered.
Job type …
Full-time, permanent contract upon successful completion of the three month probation period.
Competitive terms and conditions in a fast growing, multinational company amongst a dynamic team in a modern and flexible environment.