The Helpdesk Support Analyst will work as part of our busy close-knit global technology team. The incumbent will have ample opportunity to learn in a diverse environment in a global company. The Helpdesk Support Analyst will support the corporate infrastructure which includes responding to user support issues and assisting with production and corporate systems in a 24x7x365 environment. The Helpdesk Support Analyst will be comfortable in rapidly assessing, analysing, resolving complex issues and will know when to engage others IT staff for assistance.
This individual will report to the regional Service Delivery Manager, and will possess superior organizational skills and sound judgment. The ideal candidate will be a personable self-starter with a team-player mind set.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops an understanding of company supported applications in order to efficiently and comfortably support end users.
- Addresses and resolves help desk requests as assigned.
- Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Logs all requests for tracking of metrics and support.
- Collaborates with other IT staff to learn and support new applications in order to increase ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Analyses and resolves incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware.
- Acts as liaison between staff and the IT department to resolve issues.
- Troubleshoots enterprise software products as well as other software and hardware failures.
- Installs hardware and software as directed by Manager.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of systems and network infrastructure supported.
- Provides after hours and on-call support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Basic troubleshooting capabilities for hardware, software, and networking.
- Ability to work with users via phone as well as remotely.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally both in written and verbal form.
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, as well as high-profile individuals, clients and vendors.
- Read and decipher materials and documents with the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- A strong work ethic, strong organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on multiple assignments from beginning to end with accountability for the results.
- Ability to assess circumstances and problem solve with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Experience working with complex IT systems in a fast paced web environment.
- Understanding of Windows XP, Windows 7, 8 and 10 and Office 2003-2016 and Office 365/Skype for Business.
- Understanding of end user support via Exchange, Active Directory.
- Understanding of imaging technologies.
- Knowledge of helpdesk ticketing system.
- Interest in working with a diverse user population in a global company.