SDI Media is currently seeking a Junior Accountant with experience working in a fast-paced environment. The individual will report to the Global Assistant Controller and assist in preparing monthly and quarterly global consolidations to ensure accurate financial reporting within deadlines. This is a great learning opportunity for a recent Accounting or Finance degree graduate with 2-3 years of applicable work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare month end journal entries for the corporate entity. Entries include accruals, prepaids, depreciation/amortization, banking, foreign exchange adjustments, and more.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and resolve variances.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to explain budget and prior year variances.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly global consolidations to ensure accurate financial reporting within public company deadlines.
- Review intercompany balances, prepare eliminating journal entries and financial statements.
- Assist global entities with financial reporting and US GAAP compliance.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget for corporate entity.
- Provide suggestions to streamline the global consolidation process and assist with implementation.
- Participate in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes.
- Prepare variance explanations.
- Assist foreign and domestic business units’ personnel to harmonize reporting across worldwide entities.
- Interact with external auditors and respond to requests for information as needed.
- Assist in developing and refining processes and standards for monthly reporting.
- Calculate and comply bank loan covenants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work overtime and weekends when the department work load necessitates it.
Must be able to:
- Take initiative to understand complicated processes without all the information or details being provided up front.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and senior management.
- Collaborate with staff at all organizational levels.
- Work independently and with others as required.
- Complete work to meet public company deadlines on time.
- Work well under pressure with changing priorities while thinking strategically.
- Organize and schedule work effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Be proactive; possess strong follow through skills.
- Handle confidential or sensitive information discretely.
- Multi-task in order to oversee multiple projects at one time.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in public accounting and/or private industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Financial consolidation and reporting experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Foreign currency experience is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Microsoft Navision and jet reporting experience is a plus.
- Global consolidation experience working with International entities preferred.
- 1-2 years Big 4 or CPA firm experience is a plus.