Coordinates the daily tasks for a Tech Services Archiving Team and acts as a liaison between Tech Services and other departments (especially IT and Account Representatives) by performing the following duties.
Subtitle Delivery Technicians must be able to work in a PC-based, detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment. They must be able to communicate in a clear and professional matter to their team and to other departments within the company, as well as with clients, authoring houses and other vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, render, and deliver subtitle files according to correct procedures, and be able to adapt to changes in these procedures when needed.
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner with the delivery team and to other departments within the company, as well as with clients, authoring houses and other vendors.
- Operate a PC and connected network drives in a skilled, efficient manner.
- Be able to work in a time-sensitive environment, and meet delivery deadlines on a daily basis.
- Actively participate in improvement to SDI’s processes, including documenting and suggesting improvements to workflow, testing new software, and assisting with the creation of rendering profiles.
- Adhere to full-time schedule and work overtime and weekends when needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Highly developed Windows skills, including a strong background and understanding of PC systems, Windows directory structure, and file management and organization.
- Understanding of frame rates, timecode, and aspect ratios.
- Interest in a variety of media technologies and platforms.
- Ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Background in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Background in video post-production work.
- Background in database systems.