The Manager of Global Media Engineering is mainly responsible for providing guidance and engineering expertise to the global media engineering group. This position is mainly responsible for providing the global technology roadmap for media services. In addition to the roadmap, you will also provide the overall architecture designs of all media systems and business process management systems used for automation. You will then lead a team of global media engineers that will implement the systems and standardized business processes to be used by the media services hubs.
The ideal candidate will have engineering management experience and a thorough understanding of business process management, current transcoding software, non-linear editors, metadata and its function, professional broadcast video/audio equipment and standards, networking, scripting, and system design. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of media technology and business trends and have a current membership with at least one standards committee such as SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers). The candidate must also possess exceptional viewing, listening, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the digital media and/or broadcast media space 4 years of engineering management
- Ability to navigate within command prompt and identify possible issues
- Understanding of the video ecosystem including metadata and packaging standards, streaming standards, broadcast standards, and localization
- Strong understanding of video and audio compression, rooted in foundational concepts such as bitrate, video artifacts, transmission bandwidth, codecs such as AVC, HEVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and standards such as REC709 and BT2020
- Understanding of the use of multiple CDN to drive down latency in remote operations
- Strong ability to identify, hire and grow talent
- BA/BS in Film and Video, Digital Media, Communications, or Computer Science preferred
- Experience with Administrative function within a MAM (Dalet Galaxy)
- Demonstrate the ability to personally create and maintain automated workflows utilizing Aspera Orchestrator, Telestream Vantage, Amberfin
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to remotely manage a highly technical team spread across multiple geographic regions and ability to travel internationally when needed.
- Provide global governance policies and procedures for all media systems and workflows.
- Lead a team that will set up, operate, and test a wide variety of video, audio, and metadata applications running on both hardware and software
- Lead a team that will work with internal and external development teams for development of tools needed for all aspects of media production and asset management
- Be able to decide and provide the overall architectural design and implementation plans of current and new systems when needed for expansion and new media business areas.
- Work with Technology Organization (IT) to maintain the technical policies and procedures governing media systems and storage.
- Work with Solution Delivery & Support team to plan and deliver custom software solutions.
- Create and track budgets and plans for global media engineering systems, vocational training, and professional memberships.
- Will be required to submit regular status updates and reports to his/her CIO/CTO via project services.